Tag: double roller granulator
In contrast to wet granulation, which requires the use of a liquid binding agent, dry granulation is the process of turning dry powdery materials into granules using extrusion forces. During the process, the tiny powder particles are forced to adhere to each other due to large compression forces, resulting in larger, multi-particle entities, ie. granules or pellets.
Double roller granulators work be forcing fine powdery materials between two counter-rotating rollers with pitted surfaces. As the powdery material is squeezed between the counter-rotating rollers with pitted surfaces, it is compacted into hundreds of separate, dense granules.
A typically double roller fertilizer granulator will produce granules with diameters ranges from 3.5mm to 10mm one at a time. However, a machine designed for large-scale production can produce dozens of granules at the same time. The granulating ratio of double roller fertilizer granulating machines is over 85%, which makes them very efficient machines for a commercial compound fertilizer production line.
The reason why dry granulating methods are popular is that no-drying processes are needed and the machines can operate at room temperature. The result is lower energy costs and fast granulating for fertilizer manufacturers. It’s not hard to see how double roller fertilizer granulators can offer great ROI rates.
Application And Features Of Double Roller Fertilizer Granulator Machines
1. Fertilizer granules require no drying processes and have 5% moisture content at a maximum.
2. Reliable motor adoption design. No three waste setup. Easy to maintain and stable granulating.
3. Advanced technology and high-grade construction materials ensure no corrosion, easy maintenance and long working life.
4. Versatile machines with wider applications. A truly multifunctional machine.
5. Perfect for producing popular domestic fertilizer formulations such as making ammonium bicarbonate fertilizer, tombarthite fertilizer, ammonium persulfate fertilizer and more.
6. High intensity and uniform fertilizer pellets produced with a high granulating ratio.
7. Can operate at room temperature, so energy costs are considerably reduced.
8. Low noise output during granulating.
There are four main systems that make up a double roller fertilizer granulator: rollet machine rack, transmission systems with connection parts, granulating part, and crushing and separating component. The transmission system consists of a high powered motor that drives a belt pully around reduction gears. The granulating part consists of rotating rollers attached to a driving shaft with specialized bearings and brackets. You can learn more about the other components of a double roller granulating machine by checking out the technical specification sheets of popular models.
The bottom line is that if you are looking to start a large-scale NPK compound fertilizer pellet making business, a double roller granulator would be a great investment. It is one of the best machines for pelletizing large quantities of powdery materials like composted cow manure, poultry manure, etc.
There are many suppliers of dry granulating machines for sale online. Be sure to take your time to research the best suppliers and the best machine models. You don’t want to risk investing in a machine that does not have the output capacity to meet the needs of your fertilizer pellet manufacturing business.